Date: August 16, 2019General Responsibility:
The Transporter/Driver will drive a bus or van to transport passengers over specified routes to local or distant points according to schedule; collects and records tickets and fares; maintains required records; inspects vehicle daily; and assists passengers.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Bus Driver may be assigned to carry out duties in one or more of the following functional areas/roles, as needed and as assigned, on a daily basis.
- Drive bus and pick up and deliver passengers according to assigned route or schedule.
- Drive charter trips when needed.
- Comply with local traffic regulations.
- Report delays or accidents; check in when available with phone or radio.
- Collect tickets or cash fares. Record cash receipts, ticket fares, mileage, time and passenger data on trip sheet log or passenger manifest.
- Submit paperwork – complete, correct, and on time.
- Inspect bus daily for safety and cleanliness, check gas, oil, water, tires, mirrors, and phone/radio before departing on a route. Report any mechanical problems
- Keep bus/van clean inside and out.
- Regulate heating, lighting, venting for passenger comfort. Assist passengers when necessary.
- Load and unload baggage.
- Administer first aid and CPR when necessary.
- Perform job duties in an ethical manner.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Implement CRDC policies, procedures, and goals
- Keep up to date knowledge about transportation laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Attend required staff meetings or trainings.
- Must be kind and courteous to clients and co-workers.
- Must be able to bend, squat, and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Seat belts will be worn at all times when the vehicles are in operation. Passengers will be asked to wear their seat belts also.
- No eating, drinking, and/or smoking in vehicles.
- No use of cell phones when vehicle is moving.
- If adverse weather conditions occur that would affect the safe operation of the vehicle, the driver will cease operations and inform their supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, delegated, or changed at any time at the discretion of the Agency formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.Accident Involvement:
All accidents or damages will be immediately reported to the program supervisor and the Transportation Program Manager. The insurance agency for Crowley's Ridge Development Council, Inc. will be promptly notified. In the event of an accident, the van driver will cease to operate the vehicle and have an immediate drug test performed. An unsafe driving record could be cause for termination.Authority and Accountability:
The incumbent is delegated full authority necessary for the effective performance of the responsibilities assigned within the restriction of applicable policies and instructions and is fully accountable to the Transportation Program Manager and the Chief Operating Officer.Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED
Must have an education level sufficient to carry out the duties assigned.
Valid driver’s license
Good Driving Record
Auto liability insurance
Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be on call
Must attend annual safe driving course, standard first aide and CPR training
Must be able to read or interpret documents such as route sheets, safety rules, or operating and maintenance instruction
Must be able to bend, squat, and lift up to 30 lbs
Successful DOT drug screen and background check
To apply, click Apply Online and also send completed applications to our office:
2401 Fox Meadow Lane, P.O. Box 16720
Jonesboro, AR 72403
Phone: (870) 802-7100
Fax: (870) 268-1461
Email: [email protected]