Date: September 23, 2019General Description:
Will be responsible for carrying out duties assigned to him/her that will provide assistance and support to families in need who reside in their assigned areas. Human Services Specialist will also directly assist the Human Services Manager in Human Services operations and the fulfillment of the Case Management program.Essential Functions:
- 1. Provide resource information and assistance to families in need of public assistance (Food Stamps, TEA, HUD, housing, etc).
- 2. Provide assistance to families in need of CRDC assistance (Weatherization, Utility Assistance, etc) through information assistance, assistance with applications, documentation gathering, forwarding applications to appropriate programs and follow-up when necessary.
- 3. Promote all CRDC programs with equal emphasis.
- 4. Assist in daily functions of the Human Services Center.
- 5. Conduct intensive case management cases as assigned. The purpose and function of this service is to assist participating families toward becoming more self-sufficient via assessing needs, addressing needs appropriately, determining goals, working towards fulfilling those goals and supporting these families by offering resources, referrals, modeling behavior, teaching new life skills, supporting goal development, completion and follow-through.
- 6. Assist with identifying appropriate HEAP Assurance 16 participants./li>
- 7. Act as a liaison between the families in case management to obtain necessary resources such as educational assistance, medical needs/assistance, employment and job training assistance, etc.
- 8. Perform all duties and responsibilities in a professional manner.
- 9. Serve as a liaison between designated center and local community entities.
- 10. Assist with regular monitoring reports by keeping current and accurate records/documentation on all required information.
- 11. Attend center and office staff meetings and participate actively in information exchange, problem solving and decision making as a team member.
- 12. Assure that the center is adequately stocked with necessary supplies. Submit requisition forms and/or supply requests.
- 13. Responsible for following the confidentiality policies of the agency and HHS/OCS, AND ADEQ.
- 14. Participate in training of designated center staff.
- 15. Assist with distributing, gathering, assessing and tabulating assigned Area Needs Assessments and return data to the CSBG Manager.
- 16. Seek, develop, and maintain written agreements with other community providers.
- 17. Assist Human Services Coordinator in collection of CSBG intake data.
- 18. Assist in the uniting and cohesiveness of all CRDC programs.
- 19. Guide, encourage, and model clients into becoming more active in their local community organization that benefits their efforts to become a vital part of their community.
- 20. Always respect and insure that clients and accessing services to those in need are the primary focus.
- 21. Other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor for the efficient operation of the program and agency.
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Driver’s License & insurance
- Successful drug screen & background check
- Associate Degree AND/OR Combination of Education and Work Experience with 1+ year experience in Social Work or Case Management Field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong interviewing and communication skills
- Moderate office noise (printers, phones, light foot traffic)
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time
- Occasional travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard and drive a motor vehicle.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work and close vision requirements due to reviewing applications.
Crowley’s Ridge Development Council, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, click Apply Online and also send completed applications to our office:
2401 Fox Meadow Lane, P.O. Box 16720
Jonesboro, AR 72403
Phone: (870) 802-7100
Fax: (870) 268-1461
Email: [email protected]