Date: May 22, 2020General Description:
Will be responsible for carrying out duties assigned to him/her that will provide assistance and support to families in need who reside in their assigned areas. Human Services Specialist will also directly assist the Human Services Coordinator in the Human Services Center operationsEssential Functions:
- 1. Perform customer service for LIHEAP clients by processing applications ensuring that all required documentation is received.
- 2. Provide assistance to families in need of CRDC assistance through information assistance, assistance with applications, documentation gathering, forwarding applications to appropriate programs and follow-up when necessary.
- 3. Assist in daily functions of the Human Services Center.
- 4. Perform data entry into agency database as needed and directed.
- 5. Responsible for knowing the client eligibility requirements as well as the policies and procedures of the Agency and all funding sources for programs as assigned and staying abreast of changes.
- 6. Displays great knowledge of all department programs and communicates services effectively.
- 7. Assist with identifying appropriate LIHEAP A16 and CSBG CONNECT participants and referring to Family Development Specialist.
- 8. Attend trainings and office staff meetings and participate actively in information exchange as required.
- 9. Responsible for safeguarding all confidential information as it relates to job duties.
- 10. Assist with distributing and gathering Area Needs Assessments and return data to the Family Development Coordinator.
- 11. Assist Family Development Coordinator in collection of CSBG intake data.
- 12. Assist in the uniting and integrating all CRDC programs.
- 13. Answer phones.
- 14. Other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor for the efficient operation of the program and agency.
- 1. Assure that the center is adequately stocked with necessary supplies. Submit requisition forms and/or supply requests.
- 2. Travel to other counties and assist as needed.
- 1. High school degree or equivalent
- 2. Proficient in Microsoft Office
- 3. Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Moderate office noise (Printers, phones, light foot traffic)
- Must be able to work under stress
- 1. Must be willing to work in a team environment
- 2. Strong interviewing and communication skills
- 3. Reliable vehicle with liability insurance
- 4. Valid Driver’s License
- 5. Direct Deposit Required
- 1. Represent the Agency in activities related to the job
The incumbent is delegated full authority necessary for the effective performance of the responsibilities assigned within the restrictions of applicable policies and instructions and is fully accountable to the Human Services Director.
Crowley’s Ridge Development Council, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, click Apply Online and also send completed applications to our office:
2401 Fox Meadow Lane, P.O. Box 16720
Jonesboro, AR 72403
Phone: (870) 802-7100
Fax: (870) 268-1461
Email: [email protected]