Date: September 07, 2020General Responsibility:
Work under the direction of the Program Director, implement, and evaluate Prevention/Early Intervention programs in up to 7 counties. Complete training and preparation necessary to successfully achieve certification as a Certified Prevention Specialist within 24 months.
- Work with regional program staff and the Regional Advocacy Council to identify needs and strategies to meet those needs.
- Assist in fulfilling and enhancing the marketing plan for Prevention in the region.
- Participate in Synar tobacco compliance checks. This will include supervising youth 15-16 years old in executing the compliance checks.
- Maintain inventory of clearinghouse materials, provide materials to individuals and groups on request, seek opportunities to distribute materials within the region.
- Support the Arkansas Prevention Needs Assessment (APNA) Survey process by recruiting schools and providing technical assistance as appropriate.
- Attend trainings and workshops as required or requested. Conduct trainings as appropriate to level of training received.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with community coalitions, schools, and service providers as directed.
- Participate in regular meetings with regional and state prevention staff.
- Participate in the Arkansas Prevention Summit and Youth Leadership Conference.
- Participate in national conferences (CADCA, NPN, etc.) as funds allow.
- Learn to develop logic models for coalition partners and counties in region; work with community partners to develop/maintain these as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
Authority and Accountability:
The Prevention Resources Coordinator II is delegated full authority necessary for the effective performance of the responsibilities assigned within the restriction of applicable policies and instructions, and is fully accountable to the Director of Substance Abuse Prevention Services for their performance.
Minimum High school diploma. Preferred Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, rehabilitation counseling, social work, sociology, education, or related field and/or experience in a prevention or human services setting. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered. Must be computer literate, with competence in Microsoft Office suite. Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Should have background and/or knowledge of Substance Abuse Prevention
- Valid Driver’s License
- Liability insurance
- Travel Required
- Social media expertise desirable
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to stand, walk, talk or hear; and occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision; distance vision; and color vision.
I understand this job description and its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand the job duties may be altered from time to time. I understand CRDC is a drug free workplace and I agree to take a drug/alcohol test prior to my employment and will be periodically subjected to random screenings for drug/alcohol throughout my employment with CRDC.
Email Resumes to [email protected]
Applicants may also contact Crowley’s Ridge Development Council Human Resources Office located at 2401 Fox Meadow Ln, Jonesboro, AR 72401 (870)-333-5112. The position will remain open until filled.
Crowley’s Ridge Development Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)