Date: February 03, 2021General Description:
This Safety Sensitive (SS) position is responsible for driving a bus or van to transport passengers over specified routes to local or distant points according to schedule; collects and records tickets and fares; maintains required records; inspects vehicle daily; and assists passengers.
The Bus Driver may be assigned to carry out duties in one or more of the following functional areas/roles, as needed and as assigned, on a daily basis.
- Drive bus and pick up and deliver passengers according to assigned route or schedule.
- Drive charter trips when needed.
- Comply with local traffic regulations.
- Report delays or accidents; check in when available with phone or radio.
- Collect tickets or cash fares. Record cash receipts, ticket fares, mileage, time and passenger data on trip sheet log or passenger manifest.
- Submit paperwork – complete, correct, and on time.
- Inspect bus daily for safety and cleanliness, check gas, oil, water, tires, mirrors, and phone/radio before departing on a route. Report any mechanical problems
- Keep bus/van clean inside and out.
- Regulate heating, lighting, venting for passenger comfort. Assist passengers when necessary.
- Load and unload baggage.
- Administer first aid and CPR when necessary.
- Perform job duties in an ethical manner.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Implement CRDC policies, procedures, and goals.
- Keep up to date knowledge about transportation laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Attend required staff meetings or trainings.
- Must be kind and courteous to clients and co-workers.
- Must be able to bend, squat, and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Seat belts will be worn at all times when the vehicles are in operation. Passengers will be asked to wear their seat belts also.
- No eating, drinking, and/or smoking in vehicles.
- No use of cell phones when vehicle is moving.
- If adverse weather conditions occur that would affect the safe operation of the vehicle, the driver will cease operations and inform their supervisor.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, delegated, or changed at any time at the discretion of the Agency formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
All accidents or damages will be immediately reported to the program supervisor and the Transportation Program Manager. The insurance agency for Crowley's Ridge Development Council, Inc. will be promptly notified. In the event of an accident, the van driver will cease to operate the vehicle and have an immediate drug test performed. An unsafe driving record could be cause for termination.
Authority and Accountability:
The incumbent is delegated full authority necessary for the effective performance of the responsibilities assigned within the restriction of applicable policies and instructions and is fully accountable to the Director of Transportation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Reliable Transportation and auto liability insurance
- Valid drivers license
- Must meet the qualifications to be on CRDC’s auto insurance (good driving record, 21 years of age or older)
- Passenger endorsement required within 30 days of hire
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be on call
- Must attend annual safe driving course, standard first aid and CPR training
- Annual medical clearance form required
- Must be able to read or interpret documents such as route sheets, safety rules, or operating and maintenance instruction
- Successful DOT drug screen and background check
- Direct Deposit Required
I understand this job description and its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand the job functions may be altered from time to time.
To apply, click Apply Online and also send completed applications to our office:
Email Applications and Resumes to [email protected]
Applicants may also contact Crowley’s Ridge Development Council Human Resources Office located at:
2401 Fox Meadow Ln, Jonesboro, AR 72401
The position will remain open until filled.
Crowley’s Ridge Development Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)