Human Services / Family Development Specialist
Date: March 02, 2023General Responsibility:
Carry out duties assigned that provide assistance and support to families in an effort to help them become self-sufficient.
- Perform customer service for LIHEAP/CSBG clients by processing applications and ensuring that all required documentation is received.
- Assessing cases and compiling case reports containing relevant information.
- Provide case management in a safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and client- centered manner.
- Providing support, guidance and counsel to individuals and families in need.
- Making referrals or introductions to other agencies.
- Motivating individuals to participate in programs that lead to goal achievement and change.
- Interact with customers to keep track of their progress and to ensure satisfaction.
- Promote quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes.
- Ensuring that data entry and reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance to families in need of CRDC assistance through information assistance, assistance with applications, documentation gathering, forwarding applications to appropriate programs and follow-up when necessary.
- Responsible for knowing the client eligibility requirements as well as the policies and procedures of the Agency and all funding sources for programs as assigned and staying abreast of changes.
- Attend trainings and participate actively in information exchange as required.
- Responsible for safeguarding all confidential information as it relates to job duties.
- Other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor for the efficient operation of the program and agency.
Qualifications and Education:
- Associates degree and/or combination of education and work experience in a related field. CRDC reserves the right to substitute valid work experience in lieu of the education requirement.
- Knowledge of case management principles.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must be organized and practical.
- Proven coordination skills to connect individuals/families with relevant services.
- Office environment with moderate noise levels (printers, phones, foot traffic)
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk bend, squat, and lift.
- May occasionally be asked to lift and carry at least 30 pounds
- Reliable Transportation, Valid driver’s license & auto liability Insurance
- Background Check, Driving records check, and drug screen
- Represent the Agency in activities related to the job
I understand this job description and its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand the job duties may be altered from time to time. I understand CRDC is a drug free workplace and I agree to take a drug/alcohol test prior to my employment and will be periodically subjected to random screenings for drug/alcohol throughout my employment with CRDC.
To apply, click Apply Online and also send completed applications to our office:
2401 Fox Meadow Lane, P.O. Box 16720
Jonesboro, AR 72403
Phone: (870) 802-7100
Fax: (870) 268-1461
Email: [email protected]