Date: September 06, 2022
Perform bookkeeping/accounting and clerical duties for assigned programs. Review payroll and any employee updates to the payroll system.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receive and verify money, vouchers, receipt copies from agency computer receipt system
- Deposit funds in program bank accounts
- Maintain an up-to-date bank account balance control
- Perform agency/program check disbursing functions as follows:
- Review documentation for proper authorization
- Code data in accordance with accounting system requirements
- Input data into computer for general operating account payment or write from program bank account, if required.
- Maintain file system for program records.
- Bank Reconciliations for all bank accounts in a timely manner
- Compile information and prepare necessary reports by specific deadlines
- Become proficient with the payroll system to back up the Accounting/Human Resource Coordinator
- Review and reconcile all employee benefit payments
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties
- Maintain compliance with government regulations specific to each housing project
- Other duties as assigned
Authority and Accountability:
The incumbent is delegated full authority necessary for the effective performance of the responsibilities within the restrictions of applicable policies and instructions, and is fully accountable to the Chief Financial Officer.
- High School Diploma or GED or experience in lieu of education
- 2+ years experience in bookkeeping/general accounting role
- Specialized training from accredited business school accepted in lieu of experience
- Proficient in spreadsheet development and application
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer proficient
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of organization/customer.
- Serviceable vehicle.
- Valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance
- Ability to travel overnight on occasion
- Successful Background Check
- Successful Drug Screen
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Semi-repetitive, low physical. Semi-repetitive type work which requires periods of concentration for varied time cycles as prescribed by the tasks.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; frequently required to stand, walk, talk or hear; and occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
This position may be required five (5) continuous working days off each year.
I understand this job description and its requirements, and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned. I understand the job functions may be altered from time to time.
To apply, click Apply Online and also send completed applications to our office:
2401 Fox Meadow Lane, P.O. Box 16720
Jonesboro, AR 72403
Phone: (870) 802-7100
Fax: (870) 268-1461
Email: [email protected]