Date: August 07, 2018General Responsibility:
Work under the general supervision of the head cook and NEARRC Director to prepare balanced meals for those living at the Recovery Center. When not busy with food preparation, perform other duties as assigned by the Area Supervisor.Specific Duties:
Prepare meals in accordance with menus as prepared by the head cook. Ensure that all food is prepared in a safe and clean manner. During the cook’s tour, he / she is responsible for:
- Being clean and neat attire while on duty, using cover on hair or hair net when actually engaged in preparing food.
- Taking all precautions to ensure all food prepared is prepared in the most sanitary method possible, including no smoking when handling food.
- Clean and maintain the kitchen, dining area, all appliances, pots, pans, etc.
- Defrosting and cleaning of refrigerators and deep freeze as well.
- Covering all food that is not in use, including food that is out of refrigeration.
- Setting the table each meal.
- Will utilize commodity foods to the greatest extent possible.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
The incumbent is delegated full authority necessary for a the effective performance of the responsibility assigned within the restrictions of applicable policies and instructions, and is fully accountable to the Recovery Center Director for his / her performance.
To apply, click Apply Online and also send completed applications to our office:
2401 Fox Meadow Lane, P.O. Box 16720
Jonesboro, AR 72403
Phone: (870) 802-7100
Fax: (870) 268-1461
Email: [email protected]