LIHEAP IS CLOSED AT THIS TIME.
Application Days and Times:
At this time, all offices are closed to the public. You can submit an application through email, fax, mail, and/or by phone. Contact your local office for more information on how to apply and what documentation is needed for the application.
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides eligible households with help in paying utility bills. The program pays benefits of fixed amounts based on household income. An additional benefit is available to eligible households having a high energy burden.
Eligibility is based on annualized income and the number of members in the household. The Summer program will assist with regular electric bills or shut off notices. All payments are made directly to the vendor.
Special provisions are made for those households whose utility cost is included in their rent and those living in subsidized housing.
The below Income Eligibility chart shows the most money your household can make per month to qualify for LIHEAP, depending on the number of people in your household. It is subject to change; if you're not sure whether you qualify, contact us.
Applications are accepted at Human Service Centers in our eight-county service area. If you are interested in applying, call your local office to find out how.
SUMMER 2020 INCOME GUIDELINES:
|Household Size||Maximum Monthly Income|
There are two primary types of LIHEAP assistance
- Regular Assistance — is available for eligible households during the application period of the winter and/or summer programs. This type of assistance is a one-time payment per household per program. Subsequent applications for this assistance during the same program by the same household, or a member of a household having received a Regular Assistance benefit, will be denied.
- Crisis Assistance — is available for eligible households during designated application periods. This type of assistance is a one-time benefit per household per program not to exceed $500. Subsequent applications for this type of assistance during the same program, by the same household or member of a household, having received a crisis benefit, will be denied. The maximum allowable payment level of $500 may be reduced whenever deemed necessary by the Department of Human Services (DHS), Office of Community Services (OCS).
Contact Your Local LIHEAP Assistance Office
|Craighead||2401 Fox Meadow Lane||Jonesboro||(870) 802-7100|
|Crittenden||310 Mid-Continent Plaza Ste. 350||West Memphis||(870) 400-4023, (870) 253-3050|
|Cross||325 Magnolia Street||Wynne||(870) 238-2726|
|Greene||#1 Medical Drive||Paragould||(870) 239-3531|
|Jackson||2000 McLain Street||Newport||(870) 523-5474|
|Poinsett||406A Market Street||Harrisburg||(870) 578-0996|
|St. Francis||224 N. Rosser||Forrest City||(870) 630-0193, (870) 253-3067|
|Woodruff||222 Main Street||Augusta||(870) 347-1458|
Documentation needed with application:
- Proof of Income for all household members 18 years and older from previous month.
- State or government issued ID.
- Social Security Numbers and Birthdates of every household member.
- Copy of utility bills — gas, electric, and/or propane.
- Proof of Social Security, SSI, Retirement, Pensions, Workman’s Comp, Disability, Unemployment, Foster Care Support, VA Benefit s and/or Utility Allowance —All from the Previous month for any member of the household that receives benefit.
- Knowledge of resources such as checking, savings, and other asset totals
- CHILD SUPPORT WILL NOT BE COUNTED IN SUMMER 2020 PROGRAM
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INCOME:
- Zero Income Documentation Form must be completed along with verifiable contribution and/or collateral statements to show how bills have been paid.
- Print-out of unemployment for all household members who are 18 years of age or older is required.
* Please be advised that you might be asked for further documentation at time of interview when submitting application.
Regular Applications will be processed and paid 35 days after completed application is submitted. During the Crisis portion of the program, applications will be processed within 48 hours of the completed application being submitted. If the application is approved, the pledge will be paid and payment will follow to the utility company within 20 days. An application MUST HAVE ALL required documentation with it in order to be considered as a completed application. If an application (regular or crisis) is marked as pending, you will receive a Notice of Action and have 10 days to return the needed documentation or the application will be marked as denied.