Did you know?
- Nearly 1 in 3 students in 12th grade report past year use of some kind of vaping device, raising concerns about the impact on their health. It is important to note that some research suggests that many teens do not actually know what is in the device they are using, and even if they read the label, not all labeling is consistent or accurate. (MTF, 2017)
- Multiple studies have revealed associations between prescription drug misuse and higher rates of cigarette smoking; heavy, episodic drinking; and marijuana, cocaine, and other illicit drug use among U.S. adolescents, young adults, and college students. (NIDA)
- Youth who drink are 7.5 times more likely to use other illicit drugs, and 50 times more likely to use cocaine than young people who never drink. (NIDA)
- Alcohol is often a factor in the three leading causes of death among 15-24 year olds: accidents, homicides, and suicides. (NIAAA)
Regional Prevention Program Locations:
Prevention Region 4
2401 Fox Meadow Lane
Jonesboro, AR 72404
Phone: (870) 933.0033
Fax: (870) 933.0048
Prevention Region 7
593 HWY 243
Marianna, AR 72360
Fax: (870) 298.2249
Dr. Lisa Perry
Cell: (870) 273.2921
Cell: (870) 819.7756
Who we are:
CRDC: Prevention operates in two of Arkansas’s thirteen Prevention Regions. These regions include 13 counties in northeast and eastern Arkansas.
Region 4 Counties include: Clay, Craighead, Greene, Lawrence, Mississippi, Poinsett, & Randolph.
Region 7 Counties include: Crittenden, Cross, Lee, Monroe, Phillips, & St. Francis.
What We Do:
- Raise awareness about the dangers of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Provide substance abuse prevention support and programs in our regions
- Provide speakers for schools, churches, civic organizations, and others wanting to learn more about prevention
- Provide materials to individuals, schools, churches, law enforcement, or any group who needs them
- Recruit and participate in the Arkansas Prevention Needs Assessment (APNA) surveys
- SYNAR Tobacco Compliance checks and coverage studies
- Provide assistance to community coalitions, drug free clubs, and others