Did you know?
- Americans tend to double their alcohol intake over the Christmas holiday.
- The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States notes that a quarter of the $49-billion-a-year distilled spirits industry’s profits come from the month between Thanksgiving and the New Year.
- Youth who drink are 7.5 times more likely to use other illicit drugs, and 50 times more likely to use cocaine than young people who never drink. (NIDA)
- Alcohol is often a factor in the three leading causes of death among 15-24 year olds: accidents, homicides, and suicides. (NIAAA)
- For young people, alcohol is the drug of choice. In fact, alcohol is used by more young people than tobacco or illicit drugs. Early adolescence is a time of special risk for beginning to experiment with alcohol. (NIDA)
- Most of those killed in alcohol-related crashes involving teen drivers...are the young drivers themselves and their passengers. (NHTSA)
- Marijuana and underage drinking are linked to higher dropout rates. (SAMSHA)
- Binge drinking is responsible for more than half of the deaths that result from excessive drinking. (CDC)
- One in three 18-24 year olds admitted to emergency rooms for serious injuries is intoxicated. (NIAAA)
- There are 2,200 alcohol poisoning deaths in the U.S. each year. (CDC)
- NEA REENTRY Coalition Meeting, December 4th, Temple Baptist Church
- Out of the Dark Coalition, December 10th, Jonesboro
- Cross County Coalition Meeting, December 10th
- Poinsett County Partnership Health Coalition, December 10th, Harrisburg
- Cornerstone Coalition, December 12th, Pocahontas
- Lawrence County Opioid Response Team Meeting, December 13, La Casita Mexican Restaurant
- Crittenden County Coalition Meeting, December 18th, West Memphis
- December 25: Merry Christmas! Wishing you and yours a merry and safe holiday season.
- ATOD Coalition Meeting, December 27th, Walnut Ridge
Regional Prevention Program Locations:
Prevention Region 4
2401 Fox Meadow Lane
Jonesboro, AR 72404
Phone: (870) 933.0033
Fax: (870) 933.0048
Prevention Region 7
593 HWY 243
Marianna, AR 72360
Fax: (870) 298.2249
Dr. Lisa Perry
Cell: (870) 273.2921
Cell: (870) 919.5813
Cell: (870) 520.9842
Cell: (870) 819.7756
Who we are:
CRDC: Prevention operates in two of Arkansas’s thirteen Prevention Regions. These regions include 13 counties in northeast and eastern Arkansas.
Region 4 Counties include: Clay, Craighead, Greene, Lawrence, Mississippi, Poinsett, & Randolph.
Region 7 Counties include: Crittenden, Cross, Lee, Monroe, Phillips, & St. Francis.
What We Do:
- Raise awareness about the dangers of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Provide substance abuse prevention support and programs in our regions
- Provide speakers for schools, churches, civic organizations, and others wanting to learn more about prevention
- Provide materials to individuals, schools, churches, law enforcement, or any group who needs them
- Recruit and participate in the Arkansas Prevention Needs Assessment (APNA) surveys
- SYNAR Tobacco Compliance checks and coverage studies
- Provide assistance to community coalitions, drug free clubs, and others