Did you know?
- Arkansas is #2 in the nation for opioid prescribing, right behind Alabama, with over 102 prescriptions written for every 100 people
- Fentanyl, a synthetic opioid used for severe pain at end of life, is 50 – 100 times more powerful than morphine. It is found in many illicit drugs and is responsible for many drug overdoses
- A single gram of fentanyl, the equivalent of a packet of sweetener, is enough to kill 500 people
- Nationally, an average of 182 people dies EVERY DAY from a drug overdose. That’s the equivalent of a commercial plane crashing every day.
- Narcan, an opioid overdose reversal drug, is available to anyone. If you or a loved one is taking prescription opioids it is a great idea to also see you pharmacist about buying this.
- You can install the NARCANsas app on your smart phone, free in your app store. It will provide free information on how to use NARCAN, more information about prevention and treatment resources in Arkansas, and much more!
- Prevention Day – Washington, D.C., February 3
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) Conference – Washington, D.C., February 4 – 6
- NEA Reentry Coalition – Temple Baptist Church, Jonesboro, February 5
- Drug Free Communities Grant Writing Training – Washington, D.C., February 7
- Vaping Lunch & Learn – Community of Christ Church, Jonesboro, February 10
- Out of the Dark Coalition – Community of Christ Church, Jonesboro, February 10
- Greene County Opioid Task Force Meeting – Paragould Community Center, February 11
- Cross County Coalition Meeting – Colt, AR, February 11
- Poinsett County Partners in Health Coalition Meeting – Harrisburg Health Department, February 12
- Cornerstone Coalition – Pocahontas Extension Office, February 13
- Lawrence County Opioid Response Team – Walnut Ridge, February 14
- Crittenden County Hometown Health Coalition - West Memphis Health Department, February 19
- Arkansas Alcohol and Drug Abuse Coordinating Council Meeting – State Police Headquarters, Little Rock, February 20
- APNet Marijuana Conference – Benton Event Center, February 25 – 26
- ATOD Coalition – Moni’s Grill, Walnut Ridge, February 28
Regional Prevention Program Locations:
Prevention Region 4
2401 Fox Meadow Lane
Jonesboro, AR 72404
Phone: (870) 933.0033
Fax: (870) 933.0048
Prevention Region 7
593 HWY 243
Marianna, AR 72360
Fax: (870) 298.2249
Dr. Lisa Perry
Cell: (870) 273.2921
Cell: (870) 919.5813
Cell: (870) 520.9842
Cell: (870) 819.7756
Who we are:
CRDC: Prevention operates in two of Arkansas’s thirteen Prevention Regions. These regions include 13 counties in northeast and eastern Arkansas.
Region 4 Counties include: Clay, Craighead, Greene, Lawrence, Mississippi, Poinsett, & Randolph.
Region 7 Counties include: Crittenden, Cross, Lee, Monroe, Phillips, & St. Francis.
What We Do:
- Raise awareness about the dangers of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Provide substance abuse prevention support and programs in our regions
- Provide speakers for schools, churches, civic organizations, and others wanting to learn more about prevention
- Provide materials to individuals, schools, churches, law enforcement, or any group who needs them
- Recruit and participate in the Arkansas Prevention Needs Assessment (APNA) surveys
- SYNAR Tobacco Compliance checks and coverage studies
- Provide assistance to community coalitions, drug free clubs, and others