Did you know?
- Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug in the United States. In 2016, 24 million Americans, age 12 and older, reported using the drug within the past month (SAMHSA).
- Among youth, heavy cannabis use is associated with cognitive problems and increased risk of mental illness (SAMHSA).
- Over the past two decades, hospital treatment admissions for marijuana have increased significantly, which coincides with the sharp rise in potency of marijuana (ONDCP).
- In our state, more youth use marijuana than any drug except alcohol. Marijuana also had, by far, the lowest perception of risk. In fact, fewer than 50% of youth in the state believed marijuana use is harmful (APNA 2018).
- July 4 Holiday weekend! Please stay safe! Don’t drink, use drugs, or use other substances, particularly if you plan to drive or go boating.
- Out of the Dark Coalition Meeting, July 9, Jonesboro
- Cross County Coalition Meeting, July 9
- Poinsett County Partners in Health Coalition Meeting, July 9, Harrisburg
- Tobacco Merchant Training, July 10, St. Bernard Auditorium, Jonesboro
- Cornerstone Coalition Meeting, July 11, Pocahontas
- CADCA Midyear, July 14 – 19, Dallas Texas
- Greene County Substance Abuse Prevention Task Force, July 15, Paragould Community Center
- Poinsett County Substance Abuse Prevention Task Force, July 16, Tyronza Community Center
- Crittenden County Coalition Meeting, July 17, West Memphis
- State Coordinating Council Meeting, July 18, Little Rock
- Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training, July 22 – 25, Jonesboro
- ATOD Town Hall Meeting, July 25, Black Rock
- ATOD Coalition Meeting, July 26, Walnut Ridge
- Tobacco Merchant Training, July 31, Blytheville, ANC College
Regional Prevention Program Locations:
Prevention Region 4
2401 Fox Meadow Lane
Jonesboro, AR 72404
Phone: (870) 933.0033
Fax: (870) 933.0048
Prevention Region 7
593 HWY 243
Marianna, AR 72360
Fax: (870) 298.2249
Dr. Lisa Perry
Cell: (870) 273.2921
Cell: (870) 819.7756
Who we are:
CRDC: Prevention operates in two of Arkansas’s thirteen Prevention Regions. These regions include 13 counties in northeast and eastern Arkansas.
Region 4 Counties include: Clay, Craighead, Greene, Lawrence, Mississippi, Poinsett, & Randolph.
Region 7 Counties include: Crittenden, Cross, Lee, Monroe, Phillips, & St. Francis.
What We Do:
- Raise awareness about the dangers of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Provide substance abuse prevention support and programs in our regions
- Provide speakers for schools, churches, civic organizations, and others wanting to learn more about prevention
- Provide materials to individuals, schools, churches, law enforcement, or any group who needs them
- Recruit and participate in the Arkansas Prevention Needs Assessment (APNA) surveys
- SYNAR Tobacco Compliance checks and coverage studies
- Provide assistance to community coalitions, drug free clubs, and others